Last updated: May 2019
1. Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of California may request a list of third parties to which certain personal information, as defined under applicable California law, was disclosed by Honor for those third partiesʼ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For all requests, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information. For more information see Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.83.
2. Information We Collect
We may collect the following kinds of information:
2.1. Information you provide
Honor collects information from you when you provide it to us. This happens when you register for our website, use our Services, or communicate with us, such as through our website, applications, email, SMS, over the telephone or in person. The information you provide us may include information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information" or "PII"), such as name, email address, phone number or your mailing address. We also collect your credit card information in order to process payments for Services.
You may also provide us information about another person to whom we are providing care (e.g., a relative or friend), such as that personʼs Personal Information, conditions relative to the Services, special needs and preferences. You agree not to provide us with information about any other person unless you have that personʼs express permission or other legal authority.
2.2. Information from cookies and similar devices
2.3. Information from mobile devices
If you are interacting with our website or applications on a mobile device, your mobile carrier may automatically send us your device and hardware ID, device type, carrier, carrier user ID, the content of your request and basic usage statistics about your device and usage of our website or applications. If you provide it to us or send us a message from your mobile device, we may also collect your phone number. Your device may also store information about your usage of our website and applications. Please consult your device documentation on how to manage local storage.
3. Information Usage and Sharing
Honor may use and, if specifically noted, share your Personal Information (together, your "Information"):
- For the purposes of providing services to you, obtaining payment for our services and for the operation of our business. For example, we use your Information when deciding which caregiver is most appropriate for the assignment as well as determining whether or not a clientʼs need can be met by our level of staff;
- With home care agencies who have partnered with Honor through the Honor Care Network to jointly provide home care services to clients;
- To verify coverage with insurance companies to submit claims to insurance companies for payment and to create invoices;
- To evaluate the quality of our services, to train our employees, to create and monitor record keeping and to assess the financial performance of our agency;
- With people or organizations that you authorize, including people you have engaged to provide you services such as doctors or other care providers;
- Where we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental requirement; (b) enforce any applicable terms of our Services, (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Honor, its partners, its users or the public;
- To a family member, relative, close friend, or the like, if you Information is relevant to that personʼs involvement with your care or payment for care, or if necessary to notify such persons regarding your care, location or condition;
- Health-related communications, such as to contact you about treatment alternatives or other services that may be of interest to you;
- As necessary to comply with workers compensation laws for proceedings;
- As required or authorized by law, we may disclose your Information to public health or law enforcement officials, or in response to a court or administrative order, valid subpoena or other legal process. If we are required to disclose your Personal Information to another party to a legal proceeding, we will seek an appropriate order protecting the Personal Information;
- To an oversight agency for activities including audits, investigations, and inspections as necessary related to our licensure or for the government to monitor health care systems, government programs, or civil rights laws;
- To researchers if their research has been approved by an institutional review board and protocols have been established to assure the privacy of your information;
- To coroners, medical examiners, or funeral directors in order for them to perform their duties consistent with applicable laws;
- To organizations involved in procuring donor organs or tissue;
- To third parties where necessary to prevent a serious threat to health or safety, whether yours, another personʼs, or the general public;
- If you are a member of the armed forces or a veteran, as required by military authorities;
- To authorized federal officials for intelligence and national security activities, to protect public officials, or for federal investigations where permitted by law;
- To authorities if we believe you are a victim of neglect, abuse, or domestic violence;
- To members of the Honor Care Network with whom you have entered into a service relationship;
We will comply with any other Personal Information disclosure rights, obligations, or processes not specified above if required or permitted by law. We will obtain your written authorization before using or disclosing your Personal Information for purposes other than those provided above or as otherwise permitted or required by law. You may revoke an authorization in writing at any time. Upon receipt of a written revocation, we will stop the use or disclosure covered by the authorization except to the extent of actions already taken in reliance on the authorization.
5. Updating Your Personal Information
You can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com and we will make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your Personal Information in order to correct, amend or delete it unless prohibited by law. We may decline to process requests if it would require effort disproportionate to the privacy risk, would violate the rights of others or would prejudice an ongoing legal proceeding or investigation. Because of the way we make back-up copies of our data, residual copies of the information may remain in our backup systems. We also may not be able to delete Personal Information that you have submitted through public activities, and even after removal and it may remain viewable in cached and archived locations or on other websites not within our control. We may charge a reasonable fee to access your Personal Information if to do so would require disproportionate effort. Updating or deletion of your Personal Information will not have any effect on other information that Honor maintains.
We recognize that security is important and take reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. If you believe that the Personal Information you have provided us has been compromised, or if you become aware of a potential security vulnerability in our Platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Communicating with You
7.1. Emails and other notifications
You agree that Honor may send you communications relating to your account and the Honor services. These communications may be through email, telephone, SMS or notifications through applications. You can elect not to receive certain marketing messages from Honor by email by following the instructions in the email or by contacting us, but you cannot elect not to receive administrative messages relating to your account or legal matters. You consent to receiving all legally-required notifications from Honor through display on our website, through the email you provide to us, or through the email associated with your Honor account, which may be the email associated with any of your third-party IM Websites or social networks through which you connect to Honor (such as Facebook).
7.2. Comments, Questions and Complaints
Honor Technology, Inc.
201 3rd St, Suite 1010
San Francisco, CA 94103
We will not retaliate against any person for filing a privacy complaint. Your privacy and confidence in our abilities is of utmost importance to us. We intend to earn your confidence every day we are given the opportunity to serve your non-medical home care needs.
8. Childrenʼs Online Privacy Protection Act
This website is intended for use by persons over the age of 18. Honor does not seek to collect information about children under the age of 18. No information should be submitted to or posted on this website by users under 18 years of age. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Do Not Track
Honor does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.